CBD (cannabidiol) oil is the non-psychoactive compound found in cannabis and hemp. Good quality CBD oil contains little or negligible levels of THC. As such, it does not help create a high and is therefore considered safe to use.
Research suggests dogs and cats can also benefit from the many healing properties CBD oil provides to humans.
Here are some of the main benefits associated with CBD oil:
- Prevents cancer cells from growing and assists in killing tumour cells.
- CBD Reduces anxiety.
- Offers pain relief by reducing inflammation.
- Helps and epilepsy and seizures without the extremely harmful side effects than can occur with pharmaceuticals.
- Helps with bowel disease by helping to prevent colitis and restore a healthy gut.
- Reduces inflammation by decreasing the production of inflammation causing cytokines. CBD is also a more powerful antioxidant than vitamins E and C.
- Protects the nervous system.
- Increases appetite and reduces nausea.
- Good for the heart.
- High quality CBD is generally considered safe and effective.
How to Choose a CBD Product
Given the number of CBD oil products available, it's important to choose wisely. Following the guidelines below will help you make a better choice.
- Organic is best: Alternatives may contain nasties like pesticides, fungicides or solvents.
- Compare quality not price: Avoid CBD oil with additives. Search for brands with high CBD content. The better the quality and the greater the purity, the higher the cost.
- Study the analysis: Trustworthy brands should provide a certificate of analysis. It should detail the amount of CBD in the product. Thus, look for CBD oils containing high amounts of CBD. And check that there is either no THC or that the levels of THC are negligible.
- Buy CBD as a tincture: In this form it can be easily administered and therefore your pet's dosage is easily adjusted.
Click below and view our range of CBD oil products at our Hong Kong Canine online pet shop.